Let StartServiceCtrlDispatcher handle services started other than with StartService (with patch)

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Tue Aug 24 08:32:23 CDT 2004

Alexander Yaworsky wrote:
> I even tried to submit a patch but it was silently ignored. Let me remind about this patch --
> http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-patches/2004/06/0174.html maybe it will be useful. If you have suggestions, I promise to
> rewrite it as required ;))

Hi Alexandre,

Your patch is very large.  It's difficult to find regressions in large
patches, and it's difficult to review as so much code is changed.  It
may be all perfectly correct, but it's not obviously perfectly correct :)

I'd suggest that you resubmit the patch and break it up into smaller
chunks, so that as much as possible, each one is easy to review and
makes a small understandable, atomic and necessary change.  Test cases
also help, if you can write them.

 From the looks of things your patch is well researched, and you
understand what you're doing.  If you submit your work in smaller
chunks, I'm pretty sure it will be accepted.

Mike