Hearts of Iron on Wine

Simon Kitching simon at ecnetwork.co.nz
Tue Aug 24 19:21:08 CDT 2004

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you all know that I have now given the game "Hearts
of Iron" a good testing on Wine (no windows partition) and it works
*extremely* well; only a few minor issues on startup, all with simple
workarounds. I've submitted an entry to the app database for this.

What is more interesting, though, is that the developer (Paradox
Entertainment) and publisher (Strategy First) are releasing:

(a) Hearts of Iron "Platinum Edition" in September 2004
(b) Hearts of Iron 2 in "Q4 2004/Q1 2005".

As Wine runs HoI so very well, I thought it might be worth someone
contacting Paradox to see if they would be willing to pay the Wine team
for the final minor issues with HoI/wine to be resolved, and maybe to
provide support for HoI 2 on Wine. Just a thought....

See:
  http://www.paradoxplaza.com/heartsofiron.asp
  http://www.paradoxplaza.com/heartsofiron2.asp
  http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/heartsofiron/news_6103237.html