winetest can't parse subtest for msvcrt(d)

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Fri Aug 27 10:38:44 CDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> Saulius Krasuckas <saulius2 at ar.fi.lt> writes:
> > On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> >> The problem is that msvcrt's output functions aren't redirected by
> >> libc's filehandle operations, so winetest doesn't get the output (it
> >> gets printed to the screen instead).

> >> Yeah, it's annoying, but doesn't hurt the meant functionality of
> >> winetest, which shouldn't be run under Wine for anything but testing
> >> purposes.  The native (Windows) run doesn't show this problem, since
> >> there we use msvcrt functions exclusively.  Still it would be nice to
> >> fix, but the proper way would be to fix Wine, and that's not entirely
> >> trivial as Alexandre commented.
> >
> > Can you provide a link to the post or maybe some keywords to find it using
> > google?  Thanks.
>
> Try this for example:
>
> http://search.gmane.org/search.php?query=redirect+winetest&email=&group=gmane.comp.emulators.wine.devel&sort=date

Thanks, I have found the start of the thread [1] using this link.  Still I
cannot imagine:

why during another tests we are able to redirect output, and namely during
the msvcrt* tests we are failing to do so.  No, no.  I mean, why in the
two latter tests we cannot use the way to print the output which is used
by the rest of the tests?

MSVCRT.DLL.SO fprintf() doesn't get redirected?  OK, lets switch to glibc
(or anything who works properly).  Isn't it trivial to do?

Maybe here goes the principle of not hiding the bug?  If yes, then please
tell me that bad way.  I will just be using it alone.

> If you can't help feeling like hacking on winetest, I can
> send you my todo list, too... :)  Or maybe I should put it
> into the source so that innocent bycomers can see it...

Heh, I am not sure I would be able to help by anything, but please post
your todo, Ferenc.  It is always interesting to see such stuff alive. :-)

[1] http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/03/index.html#504