W->A cleanup of DirectDrawEnumerateEx part 4

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sat Aug 28 11:35:30 CDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 12:20:24PM -0400, James Hawkins wrote:
> Changelog
>     * cleanup cross calls in DirectDrawEnumerateEx

To continue with my other mail, you should have sent all this in one big
patch as (from what I can see) it cannot work if you do not apply all 4
parts in one go.

Anyway, the 'problem' in Wine is that it uses the DDDEVICEIDENTIFIER2
structure to hold driver information. But, as this information is also
exported via API calls like the 'GetDeviceIdentifier' method from the DDraw
COM object, you cannot just Unicodify it, you need to let it in ASCII (as
there are no, AFAIK, Unicode versions of any of the DirectX < 8 APIs).

           Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/