tips needed for implementing the common control ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 00:26:22 CDT 2004

James wrote:
> The unknown class is one of the two control classes
> left to be implemented in commctrl:
> ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES.  I would like to implement
> this class, but I have no idea where to start.

It doesn't look like you'd need to do anything special
for the ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES case.  The standard
controls are all registered when user32 loads (see the
call to CLASS_RegisterBuiltinClasses in user32's
user_main.c).  Comctl32 already imports user32, so
ICC_STANDARD_CLASSES ought to be able to be added to
the /* dummy initialization */ section of
InitCommonControlsEx.

While you're at it, the comment appears to be
incorrect.  It says ICC_LINK_CLASS is unimplemented,
but in fact it is in the case statement below.  The
comment at the top of the file is similarly out of
date.

At least, that's what I get by reading it.  YMMV.  Try
patching and seeing how kazaa lite does :)

--Juan