Bug Busters

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 00:29:50 CST 2004

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:23:46 -0700, tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
<tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net> wrote:
> James Hawkins wrote:

> >>This is a good idea, same idea as Gentoo Bug Days, and those have been
> >>extremely successful.
> >>

> > Awesome, I think it could be really successful with wine too.
> >
> This is a good idea but how do we decide which bug(s) to fix... Here is what I
> think.
>
> - The program that the bug involves has to be available to anyone. at least for
> the first sessions (Search for keyword download in bugzilla reveals 146 candidates)
> http://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?product=Wine&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=download&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED
>
> - Older bugs bugs should be fixed first.
>
> - More Popular programs should be take higher priority
>
> --
>
> Tony Lambregts

I agree that programs should be freely available to anyone if the bug
requires a program.  Some of the bugs don't need them.  I also agree
that the older bugs should be fixed first.  We might even find that a
bunch of bugs we try to fix have already been fixed (it's good to
clean up bugzilla too).  My thought is that we would pick the bugs
before the sessions so that anyone interested can research the
problems beforehand and we know what we're going to work on for the
session.  Another option is that we pick the bugs to work on during
the session.  I think both options are convenient and worth
considering.  It's ultimately up to the community though.

--
James Hawkins