systray rewrite part 2

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Wed Dec 1 08:38:20 CST 2004

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:14:15 +0100, Grant Williamson wrote:
> Mike,
>     ok the rewrite, applies & compiles cleanly on 20041019, however,
> running  SIP Phone-lite, it does not show on the systray, the older
> patch did.
> I am running gnome-2.8 on rhel4, what program do you want us to test
> with it.

Can you post a +systray trace please?

I tested this with the CoolTrayTest demo program, but the XEMBED docking
code is ridiculously race prone and flaky. It doesn't surprise me at all
you don't see anything.

What may have happened is that it did dock but GNOME assigned it a 1pixel
width area. Last time I talked to Anders about this he seemed to think it
was a bug in the EggTrayManager code, but it never seems to show up with
native apps so presumably we could hack around it in Wine.

thanks -mike