Bug Busters

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Wed Dec 1 08:54:59 CST 2004

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 01:29:50 -0500, James Hawkins wrote:
>  agree that programs should be freely available to anyone if the bug
> requires a program.  Some of the bugs don't need them.  I also agree
> that the older bugs should be fixed first.  We might even find that a
> bunch of bugs we try to fix have already been fixed (it's good to
> clean up bugzilla too).  My thought is that we would pick the bugs
> before the sessions so that anyone interested can research the
> problems beforehand and we know what we're going to work on for the
> session.  Another option is that we pick the bugs to work on during
> the session.  I think both options are convenient and worth
> considering.  It's ultimately up to the community though.

Well, as long as it's at a time I can do without having redeye the next
day I'm happy to drop in and help with this. On choices of bugs:

I think if this goes ahead, we should advertise this in developer circles
and people who have bugs they'd like to fix, but aren't sure how, can come
in and get some training. IE rather than it being a "service" for end
users, it'd be more about getting people who already know programming and
want to hack on Wine but need help doing so.