Bug Busters

Robert van Herk robert at robertvanherk.nl
Wed Dec 1 10:05:14 CST 2004

Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:

> James Hawkins wrote:
>
>> I have a totally non-original idea for sessions called Bug Busters
>> where, at a designated time, a group of wine developers would get
>> together on #winehackers (or some other channel). We would pick a bug
>> (or maybe more) from wine's bug tracker and work together to fix the
>> bug(s).  This would serve several good purposed.  First, we would be
>> giving more attention to wine's bugzilla and getting rid of a lot of
>> those bugs.  Second, many newcomers can witness and take part in the
>> wine development process.  I'm sure everyone can remember how daunting
>> it is to jump into wine development.  Anyway, if anyone has any ideas
>> or would like to take part in this, let me know and we'll get this
>> started.
>

> Sounds like a great idea. I've been trying to get into Wine
> development, but haven't been able to get my foot firmly planted
> anywhere. The whole thing is just too complex. I'd gladly join a BB
> session, if only to get some insight into how things work.

Great idea indeed. I find myself spending much more time reading the bug
lists and not understanding how to get started than actually
implementing stuff. But this might indeed change that.

Problem: we probably will have to deal with multiple time zones (.e.g. I
am in Europe) :-).

Also, I am getting the strange feeling that the buglist is somewhat
outdated :-). For example: almost all bugs are either NEW or
UNCONFIRMED. Isn't that a bit odd?

Robert