<<PATCH>> Added shell32.dll functions to browse for unix directory; altered winecfg to use it to select the root directory of a virtual drive

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 11:05:18 CST 2004

Hi,

--- Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> Well, there's an IShellFolder interface, and it should probably be
> doing something with that. In any case it should definitely be more
> integrated into the shell way of doing things, there shouldn't be a
> need for a whole new set of APIs. This needs more thought IMO...

It can be done with only a little work as this guy even did it for Gmail <g>

http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm

Rather than mapping the network filesystem as a shell folder we just need to the root of the Unix
fs. It can't be too hard I guess but I MSDN documentation on how to do it sucks and I can't find
any example code anywhere. I have been wanting to do this for a while for another project I am
working on where I need to create a shell view of the NT Object Manager.

Thanks
Steven