Includes [1] ntdll

tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Tue Dec 7 14:20:57 CST 2004

Jon Griffiths wrote:
[Snip]

> Yes, its a little crufty as-is. My reasoning is that anything that
> reduces my compile times after updates is good, and my laptop takes
> quite a while to rebuild Wine, Minimising dependencies helps that.
>
> On a related note, would anyone object to a patch that auto-split
> config.h into multiple files during the build process, and changing
> makedep to generate dependencies only on the generated config-value
> file?
>
> This would be a big win whenever config.h changes. Currently when
> config.h changes, 980 files are rebuilt. Using a smarter method would
> only rebuild the files that depend on the HAVE_ option that was
> changed (which is bound to be a significantly smaller number).
>
> The Linux kernel process does this already, check out
> /usr/src/linux/Documentation/smart-config.txt for details.
>
> Thoughts?

Considering that it takes 6-8 hours to compile on my poor old machine
I would appreciate anything that would speed up the process. I dread
having to do a ./configure. I know you guy's with your multi GHz
machines might say so what, but it would increase your productivity too.

Also before you laugh at my machine. One of the primary reasons for me to
use this machine is that there lots of these older machines out there
(peticularly in the developing world) and I think wine should be useable
on anything that it can.

--

Tony lambregts

and around and around