shlwapi - forward SHSetTimerQueueTimer to kernel32.CreateTimerQueueTimer

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Wed Dec 8 15:27:02 CST 2004

Steven Edwards wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Msdn documents quite a bit about shlwapi functions that are wrappers around other functions:
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_new/shlwapi_wrappers.asp
>
>But at the moment the application I am testing only depends on this function.
>
>Changelog:
>Foward Shlwapi.SHSetTimerQueueTimer to kernel32.CreateTimerQueueTimer

Then the application will crash and die in horrible ways with this patch.
The function signature of SHSetTimerQueueTimer is not the same as
CreateTimerQueueTimer.
However, as the MSDN docs say, they are compatible. So, you just need to
create an implementation of SHSetTimerQueueTimer that converts the
parameters appropriately and calls CreateTimerQueueTimer. Note that this
function is still a FIXME stub at the moment, although I plan on
implementing this and the thread pooling functions because they will be
useful for the COM work.

Rob