Wine test suite (or winrash, don't know which one) - possible way to improve for some persons (with some antivirus or firewall software running)

Tero Tamminen valeo at phreaker.net
Thu Dec 9 07:01:35 CST 2004

Hi!

I don't know if this is proper list to send this (well, I didn't find
any mailinglist for the Wine test suite app and mailinglist in sf
project for winrash was empty). So I thought that information would
possibly reach developers of Wine test suite or winrash through this
mailinglist.

And as I said in the subject, I don't know if this message concerns wine
test suite or winrash program or both. Because of that, I use winrash
from now on, because it is much shorter to write.

I have this winrash running on one of my computers, in windows 2003
server. There is a firewall program (ZoneAlarm Pro) installed to this
computer. Some time ago, I upgraded Zonealarm to new version
(5.5.062.004). This version has a feature, that checks if some programs
are trying to execute new programs or something. It is possible to allow
execution of new programs permanently (it saves directory and name of
executable), but not in case of winrash. Winrahs starts its tests every
time in temporary directory with new name. So every time a test starts,
Zonealarm asks me if the execution of test is allowed. This is a problem
for me, because it is annoying to click through all the messages, but it
is also a problem for winrash, because I am not sitting in front of this
computer very often and some tests might timeout because of that (and I
think it has happened a couple of times already).

So would it be possible to start all the tests from same directory (I
mean, every version of the tests would start in same directory). It
would save me some time because I wouldn't have to click through all the
messages.

Thanks!
Tero Tamminen