Another systray patch

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Thu Dec 9 09:12:22 CST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 15:35 +0100, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> It would be nice to do the XEMBED stuff as a separate patch. Also I
> was hoping you would get rid of WS_EX_TRAYWINDOW instead of adding
> even more uses of it...

XEMBED in a separate patch is doable I guess but it wouldn't be used
without the rest of the patch. It's only use at the moment is the
systray code.

> The screen will be 0 in 99.9% of the cases, you should preallocate
> that one.

OK, I'll fix that.

> exit(1) is not acceptable here, you should handle allocation failures
> properly. Also malloc doesn't clear the buffer so xmalloc shouldn't
> either, otherwise it's very confusing.

OK on the second point. For the first how should it be handled? The
protocol Windows uses doesn't seem to let you return a success/failure
value. Do we just drop the tray icon?

> > +struct request {
> > +    NOTIFYICONDATAA ansi;
> > +    NOTIFYICONDATAW wide;
> > +    BOOL            unicode;
> > +    BYTE           *copydata;
>
> Inter-process data should always be sent in Unicode.

OK. I'll convert on the client side, that should clean the code up
somewhat too.