visual studio 6 not happy?

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Thu Dec 9 11:43:06 CST 2004

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:13:27 -0800, you wrote:

> Jerry Geis wrote:
> > I am trying to use wine 12-01-04 release with Visual Studio.
> > I am getting the vcspawn error. Have you ever found a solution to that?
> > [http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2003/02/0335.html]
>
> Nope.  I didn't look very hard, though.

One possibility for the vcspawn error is that the COMSPEC variable is
not ( correctly) set.

Try an "export COMSPEC=wcmd" to see if that makes the vcspawn error go
away. If that is the case, not all the reg entries in tools/wine.inf are
installed. Look in that file to see how to run it.

That is not enough, I have just uploaded a patch that will fix the data
exchange between compiler and gui. With it, just press <F7> and enjoy
the view ;-)

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes