Hang in usr1_handler (ptrace issue?)

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 16:00:50 CST 2004

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 01:19:37PM -0700, Jesse Allen wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:23:28 +0000, Mike Hearn <mh at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Lately I've been seeing hangs of this form:

> > in other words, whilst waiting on some server object it was suspended. I
> > am running the FC3 kernel "2.6.9-1.681_FC3". Is this what the
> > previously discussed ptrace change would look like? If so I may need to
> > ask Red Hat to do an errata or something. I saw that in 2.6.10-rc3
> > another ptrace change went in, so it may be that it's now fixed.
> >
> > thanks -mike
> >

> This may very well be the remaining problem for Warcraft 3.  I'll
> check my log again to see if there is a similarity.  If anyone wants
> this log, I can send it to you -- It's 500 KB.

I can't tell if there is any similarity cause that function doesn't show up.
If anyone wants the log it's here:
http://www.chez.com/alors/loop.log.bz2
(copy and paste url into browser, don't click, it won't work)

Anyone has any clue what is going on here?  This is still related to the
ptrace changes.