Wine test suite (or winrash, don't know which one) - possible way to improve for some persons (with some antivirus or firewall software running)

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Fri Dec 10 10:08:02 CST 2004

Le ven 10/12/2004 à 10:40, Ferenc Wagner a écrit :
[snip]

> Yes.  But will sticking to a fixed directory name (and
> possibly file name) help, or does ZoneAlarm check eg. MD5
> sums to thwart any countermeasure from our side?  Anyway, I
> have the feeling that this should be solved by configuring
> ZoneAlarm instead of throwing in kludges.  Don't you know if
> it's possible to disable this warning for an application or
> a directory?

Isn't there an md5 duplicate exploit now? :)

More seriously, I don't use ZoneAlarm and hence have no idea if it is
possible, but I also think configuring ZoneAlarm is a better fix (if it
can be done).
Else, would it be possible to LoadLibrary() the .exe and launch their
main() this way? If needed, I guess we can generate .dll instead of .exe
files for the tests... Of course, that's only if ZoneAlarm doesn't also
check the files loaded via LoadLibrary(), but it might be useful.

Vincent