Wine test suite (or winrash, don't know which one) - possible way to improve for some persons (with some antivirus or firewall software running)

Tero Tamminen valeo at phreaker.net
Sun Dec 12 09:46:02 CST 2004

 > Yes.  But will sticking to a fixed directory name (and
 > possibly file name) help, or does ZoneAlarm check eg. MD5
 > sums to thwart any countermeasure from our side?  Anyway, I
 > have the feeling that this should be solved by configuring
 > ZoneAlarm instead of throwing in kludges.  Don't you know if
 > it's possible to disable this warning for an application or
 > a directory?

Actually ZoneAlarm checks MD5 or some other checksum, but it can also be
configured so, that it doesn't care about those. There is option where I
can specify that "Athenticate program by full path name only"... name
says all (tried it, but in this case, it doesn't help because programs
are launched from different directories). I think it was sometime called
"This program changes frequently" but maybe I am not remembering it
correctly, or it was somewhere else.

It is possible to disable the warning by application. But because
ZoneAlarm thinks these programs are different, it isn't. Zonealarm only
sees that, these programs are launcehd from different directory, they
have different checksum, wine-test-whatever executable has different
name (because date is part of the name), ZoneAlarm doesn't see same
program. At least to my knowledge ZoneAlarm can't be configured with
wildcards, so that it would check only part of the executable name.

But anyway, it is okay to me if you don't want to program temp
directories not to be random, I just have to disable winrash and thus
winetests from my win2k3 server.

Thanks
--
Tero Tamminen