Stubs in PE build

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Tue Dec 14 09:18:46 CST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 15:41 +0100, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Not adding the functions at all is even easier, and the results are
> pretty much the same... As you noted, in general the only advantage of
> stubs is that you get a better error message, but that would be fairly
> easy to handle at the loader level. The problem with adding stubs
> everywhere is that now we don't know which ones are really needed.

Hmm, you mean we could remove the spec file entries that apps never
actually link against?

Perhaps the first step then would be to implement support in winebuild
and the loader such that the list of stubbed functions is exported then
the loader can link imports from those to stubs generated on the fly. At
that point the winebuild support for stubs could be removed, and all the
@ stub entries also deleted in one go.

thanks -mike