Stubs in PE build

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 09:04:56 CST 2004

Hi,

I had a patch which enabled stub generation for building native dlls
last year
(http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-patches/2003/07/0176.html),
that part was not accepted for the same reasons that are being
mentioned in this thread.

I would like to point out again that the VC linker will not generate
a correct dll unless the ordinal stubs are present. Other native
linkers may have the same problem. It seems very silly to me that we
can't use M$'s own compiler/linker to build valid dlls (especially
since these tools can be downloaded for free these days). M$ defined
the dll format we are using, after all.

If this is intentional, perhaps we should document it somewhere?

Cheers,
Jon

=====
"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com