Dodgy NetBSD code in dlls/kernel/cpu.c?

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 09:59:55 CST 2004

Hi,

in dlls/kernel/cpu.c, around line 430, is the following code for
NetBSD:

        {
             int mib[2];
             int value[2];

             if (sysctl(mib, 2, value, value+1, NULL, 0) >= 0)
                 if (value) PF[PF_FLOATING_POINT_EMULATED] = FALSE;
                 else       PF[PF_FLOATING_POINT_EMULATED] = TRUE;

This looks dodgy, the "if (value)" test will always be true. I gather
it should be "if (value[0])" or "if (value)[1]", but I'm no NetBSD
guru.

Also, there should be not need to set values to FALSE, since the flag
array is cleared to 0 at the start of this function.

Cheers,
Jon

=====
"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com