dlls/gdi/tests/metafile.c warning about test_mf_PatternBrush

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Dec 15 21:15:45 CST 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Walt Ogburn wrote:

> Hi Gerald,
>
> It's commented out because the test currently crashes under Wine.  I
> submitted one patch earlier, but the metafile records weren't the same as
> the correct Windows values and it didn't get committed.  Now that there's
> a test I'll work on another patch.

Should we have a 'skip_wine()' that would skip the enclosed tests
altogether if the platform is Wine?

This way we could at least make sure that the test passes on all Windows
platforms which is to compare to the current situation where the test
author is probably the only one to have run the test and he probably did
not have access to all Windows platforms. skip_wine()' would also
provide something to grep for rather than the various workarounds used
currently.

One might argue that this would encourage writing tests without fixing
Wine but I would argue that the current situation encourages not
putting such tests in Wine at all which is even worse.

             Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes.
        That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot.