Problems unveiled by the last version.c patch

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Fri Dec 17 09:10:23 CST 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:51:15 +0100 (CET), you wrote:

> Hi Rein,
>
> > SHGetPathFromIDList seems to be the wrong one here (looking at native
> > shell32.dll from Win2K and Win98), it should be synonymous for
> > SHGetPathFromIDListA.
> >
> > Can you try attached patch?
> >
> > Rein.
> >

> This fixes my problem. I've cross-checked and indeed SHGetPathFromIDList
> should be synonymous for SHGetPathFromIDListA.

OK, I will send it to wine-patches.

> Can we expect to have more 'failures' due to the fact that the new
> version.c returns more OS's then before?

You could and can still set the OS version in your config file (globally
and per application). But since the config file is not automatically
created anymore, there will be quite some users testing another OS
version soon.

It is nice that you have uncovered a bug that required to revert to
'win98', which some applications do not like.

> I'm for one seeing a lot more
> messages:
>
> fixme:ver:VERSION_GetLinkedDllVersion Unknown EXE OS version 1.0, please
> report !!

Hmm, it does not seem a good idea to set the OS version to Windows 1.0.

Rein.