out-of-process COM design

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Fri Dec 17 19:21:45 CST 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:27:30 -0800, Bill Medland wrote:
> fixme:ole:PIPE_GetNewPipeBuf Could not open named pipe
> \\.\pipe\WINE_OLE_StubMgr_0000001000000011, le is 2

I see the problem. The patch which switched us over to using OXIDs isn't
complete, the listener_thread should be per-apartment not per-process, and
the pipe it creates should therefore use the oxid >> 32 + oxid string
formatter.

Rob is travelling back to the UK today. I don't know when he'll be back
online, or even if he'll be working over the Christmas period. If not I'll
see if I can write a patch to fix this regression this weekend.

thanks -mike