Merging the AppDB Documentation and the WineHQ documentation pages

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Tue Dec 21 17:43:06 CST 2004

Mike said this about my new "helping applications work" page:
>Looks great! I'd suggest putting it in the Documentation section, and
>then linking to it from the appdb page.

This then prompted me to wonder "which documentation section?" This is
kind of confusing:

I click on documentation at the main wine page, and I get some useful
stuff.  I wander into the AppDB page, click on documentation, and I get
some different stuff.

Methinks we should just dump them all into one page.  This has the added
benefit of informing people without the wherewithal to click
"Applications" that there is, in fact, an AppDB.

On another note, it looks like the AppDB documentation is in PHP, rather
than the normal template format like the rest of the website.  Is this a
good idea?

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie