Approving of the WINEprobe initiative

David Gümbel david.guembel at itomig.de
Wed Dec 22 04:39:14 CST 2004

Hi everybody,

Mike Hearn schrieb am 21.12.2004 um 17:33 Uhr:

> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:13:00 +0100, David Gümbel wrote:
> > its actually a pun: WINEprobe means be something like WINEtasting in
> > english an maybe "degustation de WINE" in french. It's a little hard to
> > translate puns, sorry ;) Maybe this is helpful:
> > http://dict.leo.org/?search=weinprobe
>
> Still, I personally would rather have a name that made sense in English -
> WineProbe isn't exactly intuitive. PortWine is a good name.

Yep, I think you all made a point when saying "probe" in english is really
not quite... optimal ;) I personally like the PortWine idea very much -
we'll consider renaming the initiative accordingly.

By now, I wanted to thank all of you who have provided feedback and ideas.
I will wait a little more time in case somebody who hasn't spoken up yet
wishes to do so :)

Bye,

David