Getting rid of async.h

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Dec 22 09:22:47 CST 2004

Eric Pouech <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> - we maintain on the client side whether there's still some pending
> async op on the current thread (this is needed in optimizing some wait
> operations)

That part doesn't look right, you clear the flag when removing the
last async operation on an fd, but this bears no relation to the
number of async operations in the current thread.

It seems to me this could instead be done entirely on the client side,
since we need to allocate and free an async structure for each
operation we should be able to maintain a counter of them on the
client side.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org