My "Helping Applications Work" Guide

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Dec 22 16:42:11 CST 2004

Mike Hearn wrote:
> This quote: "An alternative option, perhaps more effective and expensive, is to pay wine
> developers for their work on your application, either directly through a
> negotiated contract or indirectly by posting a bounty" ... could it have a
> link to CodeWeavers please? I think it's fair to say that we're the number
> one provider of these sorts of services by a long way, but currently we're
> still quite dependent on people being able to find us, so additional links
> and publicity is needed.

Yeah, a link to http://codeweavers.com would be appropriate.
You might want to link to a list of vendors who are willing
to help update Wine to work with particular apps and contribute
the fixes back to the winehq tree per the LGPL, e.g.
   http://codeweavers.com
   http://www.macadamian.com
   http://www.itomig.de
Itomig's a newcomer, but what the heck, they seem to be interested
in helping the Wine community.
(Also maybe Transgaming, but I don't know if they're willing to work
on the winehq tree anyore).
- Dan