lotus notes regression

Paul R Streitman prs at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 28 18:21:27 CST 2004

Patch 14725, applied 2004/12/07 11:31:53, breaks lotus notes.  The symptom
is a hang with the CPU at 100%, and it happens immediately if you try to
click on a notes 'bookmark', or shortly after you try to do much of
anything else if you try to avoid the 'bookmarks'.

Sorry that it took me so long to report this, when I decided that it wasn't
just a temporary instability I eventually had to iteratively compile (many)
CVS snapshots to narrow down when the problem was introduced because I
found it impossible to untangle the various patches that went in around
that time frame.  I also ran afoul of the jack problems near the end.

I do not know how to narrow the problem down further.  I tried running
winedbg (at CVS level a couple of days ago), and that seems to be broken
too -- it wanted to run things from the wine build tree?  There are no
unusual console messages or anything when the problem happens.

                                                              Thanks,
                                                                Paul
z/OS core components development
Internet: prs at us.ibm.com