lotus notes regression

Paul R Streitman prs at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 28 23:35:48 CST 2004

Mike,

Sorry about that, I edited away the notes level at some point!  This is
with notes 6.5.3.  I can easily reproduce it if you would like me to try
anything.

                                                              Thanks,
                                                                Paul
z/OS core components development
Internet: prs at us.ibm.com

             Mike Hearn
             <mh at codeweavers.c
             Sent by:                  wine-devel at winehq.com
             wine-devel-admin@                                          cc
             winehq.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: lotus notes regression
             12/28/2004 08:25
             PM

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:21:27 -0500, Paul R Streitman wrote:
> Patch 14725, applied 2004/12/07 11:31:53, breaks lotus notes.  The
symptom
> is a hang with the CPU at 100%, and it happens immediately if you try to
> click on a notes 'bookmark', or shortly after you try to do much of
> anything else if you try to avoid the 'bookmarks'.

This is the following patch:

Log message:
             Moved update region handling to the server.

Patch: http://cvs.winehq.org/patch.py?id=14725

ie, it's a WM rewrite regression. I will investigate when I get a chance.

Paul, is this Notes 6.5.1 or an earlier version?

thanks -mike