Looking for Software which uses the MS Crypto API

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Thu Dec 30 15:42:51 CST 2004

I'm pretty sure Steam does.

And, coincidentally, Steam happens to be broken at the moment, although
it does work in Crossover.

Also, I think the open source eMule uses that DLL a bit, IIRC to
generate a crypt key for each userid.  Previous hacks to get eMule
working in Wine involved generating the key in a seperate program and
then merging it in - there's an entire thread about it in the eMule
forums.

-Scott Ritchie