Sourceforge WIne RPMs and Yum

Dwayne Bailey dwayne at
Tue Feb 3 08:21:16 CST 2004

Are there any yum experts here?  I thought it would be a good idea to
get a yum repository established for the Wine RPMs held at sourceforge.
I for one would love to have the latest build of wine installed as soon
as RPMs are available on Sourceforge.

yum-arch seems to be the command to create the repository headers but
I'm not sure how you would manage this with the round robbin sourceforge
downloads.  I think some other sf project have managed this.

Anyone out their who can help?

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

>On February 3, 2004 04:42 am, you wrote:
>>I was wondering if it would be possible to create yum repositories
>>of the Sourceforge RPMs certainly for use with Fedora.
>It sounds like a really good idea, but I know little about the topic,
>as I'm not yet running Fedora. You may want to post a call for
>volunteers on wine-devel at, maybe someone has the know-how
>and steps forward...

Kind regards
Dwayne Bailey

dwayne at   +27-21-448 7827 / 9265 (work)
+27-21-448 9574 (fax)     +27-83-443 7114 (cell)

"An English-only, or even an English-mainly, policy necessarily condemns
most people, and thus the country as a whole, to a permanent state of
mediocrity, since people are unable to be spontaneous, creative and
self-confident if they cannot use their first language"
         Dr Neville Alexander - 'Where English can Serve but not Empower.' - Opensource software for all South Africans
A project of the Zuza Software Foundation
Zuza - given freely, get as a gift, obtained freely