[Winecfg] - redo applications tab, misc changes

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Feb 4 18:26:48 CST 2004

> I'd not be happy with removing that - XrandR solves some problems and
> introduces others - namely that the desktop panel applets/icons etc
> rearrange themselves for the lower resolution then sometimes don't
> rearrange back.

But is what 'real' Windows does (as it sometimes messes also my Windows
desktop when doing it :-) ).

> Using XVidmode has the advantage that the desktop size
> doesn't change, only the screen resolution (which is what we want) but has
> the disadvantage of enabling the hardware panning/sideslip stuff, which is
> what we don't want.

I once investigated the way to 'lock' the address of the displayed
frame-buffer in X11 by extending the XVidMode extension. And it's basically
not doable easily as this scrolling is done in a very low level of the X11
code and would need a big amount of code to do properly.

This whole 'DXGrab' issue is a bit messy (and even with a full-screen
winedesktop mode we won't fix all these issues easily as we will still have
the XGrabPointer issue).

       Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/