[Winecfg] - redo applications tab, misc changes

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Feb 5 00:02:14 CST 2004

On February 4, 2004 05:20 pm, chmorgan at charter.net wrote:
> I'm pretty sure lots of other wine code uses 2 space indents, I know I
> started using them after working with wine.

Yes, other code does so, but I think the preferred style is 4-space.
Now, as I said, if you feel strongly about it, it will stay 2-space.
But if you're flexible on this issue, 4-space indents would be nice.

> No other comments on the ui changes in winecfg? ;-)  I'll submit to
> wine-patches tonight after going through the code once more.

Hey, I was at work (so I couldn't test). But now I got a chance to
look at it, so here are my comments:
  -- it looks good. This is good stuff, I think we're getting
     very close to the finish line.
  -- have the Applications be the first page is a bit confusing.
     This is advanced functionality, I'd start with something
     else, like the Drives tab.
  -- I could delete the "Global Settings" in the Application
     tab, which also hosed my registry
  -- Whenever I've tried to add a app, and change it's settings,
     it will disappear right away (whenever I tried to change
     any of it's settings).
  -- whenever I've tried changing something, I got errors like
     this:
err:winecfg:setConfigValue Unable to set configuration key (null) in section AppDefaults\coolplayer.exe\Version to (null), res=1021
     Maybe my installation is faulty?

--
Dimi.