Wrong short filenames instead of long ones

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Fri Feb 6 06:16:08 CST 2004

I'm trying to find a file copy tool which works on windows as well as wine.
I tried several and this looked promising:

On Windows it copied all files without problems and kept the long filenames
even if the name implies that it's DOS-only, but it worked fine on W2K.
But on wine the long names where all shortened to something like
CINO~E2H.CPP. So it doesn't look like normal DOS short names ...~1.cpp
but it's not the long name either. Can anybody try this out?

My wine (actual cvs) config is set to windows version nt40.

bye  Fabi