IE6 Security Controls/URLMon;msimtf (nhl 2004)

Abdul-Haseeb Ahmad abdul.ahmad at utoronto.ca
Sat Feb 7 12:25:17 CST 2004

Okay when i use IE6 (installed by mike's script) any webpage that uses
an activex control says my security settings are too high, even if i
lower them (both custom settings and the slider have no effect), or even
if i make the site a trusted website... now i believe this might be what
be causing problems with NHL2004 because i get a script error 80040154
(which doesnt let me go in game) when i go to the game setup screen(rest
of the game is flawless other than DXImageTransform filters not
functioning), which is caused by a missing CLSID entry.. so i checked
out the errors I was getting and urlmon.dll wasn't registered and
neither was msimtf... now the thing that nhl was trying to call was the
security manager which is part of urlmon.dll.. when i registered urlmon,
it would crash the game, and i can't get msimtf to register because of
problems it has with advapi32/user32 implementations...

Im not sure what msimtf does, but i have a hunch that clearing the
urlmon issue might solve my problems.. anyone have an idea of what i can
do to solve this issue?

Theres also an error: fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoA Unknown action:
8198
I have a feeling this is harmless though...