DLL Version Stamp Problem

Mike Kost mike at tashcorp.net
Thu Feb 12 09:35:44 CST 2004

Framemaker 7.0 installs fine on Wine but pops up an error message that it
can't properly determine the version of one of it's dll's (actual error
message = "The version stamp is missing from the Framemaker resource file
C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker7.0\fminit\fmres.dll"). After poking at
the  specific dll (fmres.dll), it has no version information.

Does anyone have experience with the Wine/Windows version stamp reading
functions (I've seen code references to 'GetFileVersionInfo(<stuff>)') or
any advice on debugging further. I've hit the limits of my knowledge.

Thanks,

Mike K
mike at tashcorp dot net