RSABASE: enough implementation to get Steam to login

Mike McCormack mike at
Fri Feb 13 14:05:56 CST 2004

Hi Geoff,

Having a look at the documentation for the CP* functions on MSDN would
be a good start.

The next thing to do would be to write your own test program that works
in Windows, and uses those functions.   Maybe just start by encrypting a
few bytes, then check they're encrypted right, then decrypting them
again, and checking they come out to the right thing.

Once your test program works on Windows, run it in Wine, and start
implementing FIXMEs.

It looks like the CryptXxxx functions are wrappers for each dll's CPXxxx
functions... eg. ADVAPI32's CryptGenRandom() calls to the CPGenRandom()
function in the crypt provider's DLL.