SetRenderState

Ann and Jason Edmeades us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 14 10:04:06 CST 2004

>trace:d3d:IDirect3DDevice8Impl_SetRenderState (0x4a540020)->(153,0) not
handled yet

This says the apps has called (or as part of replaying a state block, we
have called) set render state, with parm 153 ==
D3DRS_SOFTWAREVERTEXPROCESSING, and we haven't implemented it, but this
would not account for an exception. That render state just tells d3d not to
do software rendering, it wants hardware (I think, from memory), but doesn't
change any parms / behaviour from d3d8.

The question is where does it trap and why. This is usually the golden
question, and a backtrace may help but might not - it all depends on what
has happened. This is where we can spend hours trying to work out what has
gone wrong.

I remember you mentioned the resolutions were not being shows - Your d3d
trace you sent me showed us returning 15 or 16 different display resolutions
/ bpp, so I don't know why it wasn't coming out.

Jason