SHDOCVW: Mozilla Active X control embedding done right

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Sat Feb 14 13:01:55 CST 2004

lør, 14.02.2004 kl. 18.11 skrev Dimitrie O. Paun:
> On February 13, 2004 12:35 pm, Mike McCormack wrote:
> > OK, this time I've done it the right way, and it at least works for one
> > or two apps, with a screen shot to prove it.
>
> Very cool indeed Mike! One thing that I've noticed is that the code
> uses a lot of Mozilla dependent names, but the only thing that's
> actually Mozilla specific is the CLSID. Shouldn't we just read that
> info from the registry (from some sort of HtmlControl key), so that
> people can experiment with other things as well (e.g. IE) just by
> changing the configuration?

Perhaps it would have been useful to be reminded of this earlier, but if
what you're trying to do is to let a CoCreateInstance on a particular
CLSID (like IE) create an instance of a different but compatible CLSID
(like Mozilla), you could have just used the CoTreatAsClass()
functionality (if someone implemented the necessary CoGetTreatAsClass
call in CoGetClassObject, at least).