bt in traces

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Wed Feb 18 13:49:21 CST 2004

Mike Hearn a écrit :
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:19:10 +0100, Fabian Cenedese wrote:
>
>>But besides that: I like to have the full picture of what was going on,
>>from program start to end. And it could also be that a function was
>>called differently on different occasions. (If there was only one possibility
>>a simple grep would give me the answer). So a log with some call
>>stacks would be nice. But if this is too complicated then ok, I just
>>thought that would be a usefull tool.
>

> Yeah, I've occasionally wanted something like this. Running an app in a
> debugger can change its behaviour whereas logging typically does so less
> often - the way to do this would be to implement imagehlp.StackWalk, which
> means moving code out of winedbg into this DLL then making winedbg use it.
this would be as intrusive as using the debugger (I assume that the
running process would be in charge of printing the backtrace, or an
external process - like a debugger - would print the backtrace, while
the program is stopped (or after copying the stack for instrospection,
which dbghelp doesn't provide btw))
Fabi (another thought), did you try to add DbgBreak(); in the function
itself and use bt in the debugger ?
A+