legal problem for using DLL's

hatky hatky at hatky.myz.info
Wed Feb 18 12:11:52 CST 2004

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 16:40, Erik Dekeyser wrote:
> Dear WINE Developers,
>
> OUR PROBLEM:
> We are wondering if we can distribute the Microsoft DLL's with the
> application without infringing the copyright of Microsoft. The alternative
> is rewrite some of them, but that would require a couple of months of
> development and postponing the release of the software.
> I guess we are not the only ones with this problem?

You should try to find a package that contains the dlls you need and ready
it's license, you may be allowed to redist it's dlls and you may be allowed
to redist only the full package... What a few progs did was having a link
that downloads a package from ms's site like DCOM and when the users installs
it he kind of signs the license in it and you are not redistributing........

p.s. I don't think you will find any realy leagel advice in here only opinions
as you can see other disscutions on subjects like this.

Hakty.