MinGW cross compilation enviroment setup

Stefan Leichter Stefan.Leichter at camLine.com
Fri Feb 20 16:47:17 CST 2004

Am Montag, 22. Dezember 2003 23:37 schrieb Michael Stefaniuc:
> Hello!
> Here are the steps needed to setup a MinGW on a Red Hat Linux like rpm
> based system (Fedora Core, Mandrake Linux, ... should probably work even
> on a SuSE Linux)

just for the record. The rpm mingw-binutils- does
not build on SuSE 9.0 . The problem for me was that the file that are
installed inside the LC_MESSAGES directoies will not be installed into the
change-root environment. They are installed into the normal environemnt.

installing fr.gmo as /usr/mingw/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/bfd.mo
installing tr.gmo as /usr/mingw/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES/bfd.mo
installing ja.gmo as /usr/mingw/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/bfd.mo

when the binary rpm is build these file are missing in the change-root
environment and the build fails

I call /usr/sbin/Check...
+ /usr/sbin/Check
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress
Processing files: mingw-binutils-
error: File not found: /var/tmp/mingw-binutils-

i got the rpm build by copying the files into the change-root environment
during building the rpm.

Bye Stefan