how to connect to com object "outside" from wine?

Boaz Harrosh boaz at hishome.net
Sun Feb 22 10:08:53 CST 2004

maman yonatan wrote:

>my question is there any way to write a client on the
>native (Linux) using g++ and activation the com
>object?

Currently only a Winelib-App can do that look at
http://winehq.org/site/docs/winelib-user/index for what that is.

How ever if you're client is written in ATL or MFC than that is a
different problem and it will be harder to do.

>does it make a difference if the com object id a dll,
>exe, or ocx ?

ocx is Just a special case of dll. exe is what is called an
out-of-processs server. It is heavier and slower but has the advantage
of being able to be single-tone (all clients call on one server). Both
types are supported under wine.

Free Life
Boaz