how to connect to com object "outside" from wine?

Boaz Harrosh boaz at hishome.net
Mon Feb 23 02:26:27 CST 2004

Ove Kaaven wrote:

>I still think it would be better to use the Samba RPC client libraries
>to interact with Wine's RPC implementation (rpcrt4). You wouldn't need
>to implement a custom server to achieve that, it would just work, and be
>more efficient.

What are these (Samba RPC client libraries)?
Do they belong to the Samba project or the Wine project (and where)?

Is there any kind Winelib or "Native" test that exercises these, that
one can examine and dissect?

Do we need to use the Wine implementation of OLE than. or are we able to
use native OLE as well.
If the former than I am afraid it is a little broken still.

If you point me to the right place I think I'll have a crack at it. I
like this approach.
I'm thinking of a way to use widl with some extra  scripts to make that
process automatic.
But we need the technology first.

By the way:
Is widl able to process regular RPC calls as well, or Just COM object?
What I mean is: An IDL prototype to C function prototype. without a COM
scope. (That was the original use of it in MS, no? Just an RPC compiler)