Cross compiling Wine with MinGW

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Wed Feb 25 09:29:17 CST 2004

Hi,

I spent some time cross compiling all of Wine with MinGW according
to this recipe:

  http://winehq.com/?issue=123#Cross-compiling Wine

and I thought you might be interested in the results. I can report
a bug in Wine's makefiles right away: having those vxd's in subdirectories
that end in .vxd causes make to barf on targets like this one:

ifsmgr.vxd$(DLLEXT): ifsmgr.vxd/ifsmgr.vxd$(DLLEXT)
   $(RM) $@ && $(LN_S) ifsmgr.vxd/ifsmgr.vxd$(DLLEXT) $@

because, if $(DLLEXT) is empty, it will try to create a link
with a name that's already there as a directory.

Of all dlls these don't compile:

x11drv
kernel32
gdi32
ws2_32
comctl32
icmp
iphlapi
msvcrt
ntdll
rpcrt4
shlwapi
vnb.vxd
wininet
wsock32

x11drv, kernel32, gdi32 and ntdll being predictable, because they build
directly on X11 and Unix API's. Same goes for the networking related dlls
(ws2_32, icmp and iphlpapi, vnb.vxd, wininet, wsock32). msvcrt is close
to building because what I saw was mostly header clashes, which could be
fixed with proper guards I think.

rpcrt4 fails because it uses one Unix API, gettimeofday, and both comctl32
and shlwapi suffer from the bug in dlltool that Dmitry reported and fixed
recently.

 -Hans