DCE: LockWindowUpdate

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Wed Feb 25 12:59:03 CST 2004

Hi Ken,

I'm really sorry about this but I already implemented LockWindowUpdate
about a month or two ago. Unfortunately it is blocking on moving
invalidation handling into the wineserver, and was not applied.

So, I'm afraid that (a) the work has already been done and (b) the patch
you sent, is wrong. I made the same mistake at first - unfortunately
LockWindowUpdate is a global thing, ie the locked window is held in-kernel
on Windows.

Alexandre: I said at the time we should apply the patch I sent but disable
it, so it doesn't get lost/forgotten about. Here's another reason we
should do that - it'll stop people reimplementing what has already been
done.

thanks -mike