dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit

Boaz Harrosh boaz at hishome.net
Wed Feb 25 13:09:20 CST 2004

Dan Kegel wrote:

> Also, there's a way to use Visual Studio's debugger with Wine remotely,
> but I can't see where that's documented.  (Hey, can anyone who knows
> how to do this point us to the doc?)
> - Dan

Also use winedbg

- Make sure you have MyApp.pdb next to the MyApp.exe that you are
running under wine.
- start winedbg # winedbg MyApp.pdb
- When the app crashes and you are at the debugger prompt. do a "bt" for
back-trace. it will show you where your at.
- Inspect source code to figure what is wrong.
- I bet it is something with DLLs / OCX's missing. Also try to replace
builtin DLLs with native ones. Specially OLE stuff.

- I wish there was A DLLs list that would say. What dlls must run
builtin what are 1/2-1/2 and what are better native.
It is trail and error for now.