crosstest compile fix (another)

Stefan Leichter Stefan.Leichter at camLine.com
Wed Feb 25 17:06:56 CST 2004

Am Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2004 03:45 schrieb Hans Leidekker:
> On Wednesday 25 February 2004 15:06, Stefan Leichter wrote:
> > The problem is that your package expects mingw install in /usr/local/
> > i386-mingw32 but the Redhat one is in /usr/mingw. The error message is
> > attached.
>
> There are two ways out here. One is to change the install path
> to /usr/mingw in the spec file of gcc-mingw. I'm not going to
> do that myself because I think /usr/local/i386-mingw is a better
> choice (gcc-mingw is not part of the core distribution and old
> Unix wisdom says to put such stuff in /usr/local, i386-mingw is
> the official gcc target).
>
> The other way out for you is to install my ming-runtime package as I
> describe on my page that has the stuff in the right place to build
> gcc-mingw as is.

I am sorry to tell you that the second way does not work for me. The error
message is attached (mingw.log). So i switched back to the Redhat version and
did
cd /usr/local ; ln -s /usr/mingw i386-mingw32
and in /usr/bin i need the links
ln -s mingw-ar i386-mingw32-ar
ln -s mingw-ranlib i386-mingw32-ranlib

Therefore i think the binutils package must be installed before building the
gcc package.

Than i removed the Redhat packages and installed your runtime and my binutils
and gcc package and stat'rted building mingw-3.2. This fails with a linker
error (attached: user.log).

I will try to build mingw-3.2 in the evening.

Bye Stefan