Borland C++ 5.5 fails on Link, any ideas?

Jakob Eriksson jakob at vmlinux.org
Sun Feb 29 07:53:01 CST 2004

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 09:35:52PM -0500, Michael Pyne wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to use the free Borland C++ 5.5 command-line tools to compile
> some Windows applications for my school assignments.  To be specific, I am in
> a graphics class where every turnin has to be Windows. :-(
>
> Anyways, Borland C++ runs fine until it tries to link the program in question,
> at which point ilink32.exe just sits there and eats CPU cycles.  I've tried

Somebody made a patch to support this in the past, but it was not
the proper way to do it.
It's got something to do with address space not being setup the same way
as on Windows as far as I can recall.

--
regards,
Jakob

is.  If you don't, it's its.  Then too, it's hers.  It isn't her's.  It
isn't our's either.  It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.